Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a little of something - Aston in Cumbria

























Always wondered how and what blogging is... still wondering till date.....well......experimenting is always a good way to learn new things yourself...... precisely that's what am doing..........

My first blog would be about Aston in Cumbria..........

Aston is a small hamlet in Cumbria , a place in England, where i have spent the summer of 2007.This is where i got this little of something and little of everything ,again.

Few miles drive from London would take one to this lake district of England.On entering Aston one would find oneself to be thrown into the sheer magnificence of nature.The way to hamlet would be shown by a series of winding roads around the hills......Again while travelling through this road you would spot the lush green meadows and the sheep rearing farms in it. It looks from a distance as if some one has decorated the green meadows with large white flowers .With clouds sweeping across the peak of Hills..... it is a feast for the eyes of a tired civilian who craves for beauty among the tall glass and cement structures of the so called human developed beautiful world. Saying this I am not utterly refusing the fact that this human development is not necessary or should be abolished as, because of this development I am off to see the nature in Aston in my AC Car with the Tom Tom (Sat Nav) without which I would have been thrown into vastness of England never returning to my work, which is otherwise my bread and butter.
-----Again the essence of my writing comes in here a little of somethings and everything is essential.

Proceeding with my trip, The Hamlet lies a little distance short of the peak of a hill with a spring turning into a water fall in the center of the hamlet. The hamlet has clusters of two storied and single storied houses (which seems to be like ranches of Victorian era or something out of Sherlock Holmes novel). I am invited by a little Chinese lady (strangely though the inn was owned by a Chinese in UK) into her inn. After the long journey from London I was tired enough to take a nap, but the aura that surrounded the place pushed me off from the inn, to wander through the streets of Aston.

It was about 20:00 hrs , when I started walking up the hill…,which was surrounded by those little beautiful cottages straight from Hansel and Gratel stories. There was a bit of light even at this hour coz the sun sets late in tropic of cancer. But soon it was quite dark. Amidst the cold night and the sound of the gurgling spring…, I suddenly took a look at the sky and was awestruck. Never was the sky so near and clear to me .I could see the vastness of Milky Way and thousands of stars shining as bright as cluster of diamonds. Nothing could be so pleasing to the eyes of a star gazer ....to see so many constellations together on the piece of sky above her.It was AMAZING!!. Felt like capturing every second of beauty with the little possession i had – my camera, but as it is said everything cant be captured by the little human inventions( as nature is superior to all),so captured everything in the little memory of mine.

My heart was not ready to take me back to the inn, but the mind was, as the place was new to me and it was dark. I went back and had the famous FISH and CHIPS (English) dinner and retired to my room still looking at the Moors delimited with FIR trees of Pine species.Don't remember when I slept, but woke up early to fill my stomach and get ready for my trip to the lakes. I was served fresh orange juice with bread and eggs… perfect English Breakfast…….

So again the diversity shows off….. a perfect English hamlet, a perfect inn , a Chinese owner serving English Breakfast , an Indian tourist .

After this the journey was started again , to fall in love with nature and cherish every moment of its grandeur.

- A little of Something and everything – this hamlet and its journey also gave me a little of something, stars, the moors, Meadows, the sheeps, the sound of the Spring,the nice cool breeze ,the chill of night , the perfect breakfast , the bit nostalgic thoughts from my past and a fresh start for my present and future.


1 comment:

PrincessDiaries said...

seems like you are in love with the word "again"